WARNING SIGNS OF UNBALANCED TIRES
Having unbalanced tires could put you at risk of damaging your tires or creating safety issues on the Waterford. Thankfully, there are ways to find out if you have unbalanced tires. Explore these warning signs of unbalanced tires in more detail below or let the service center at John Bowman Chevrolet, Inc. help.
SYMPTOMS OF UNBALANCED TIRES
Your tires will do a pretty good job letting you know if they need attention, so pay close attention to these warning signs.
- Noise: If you hear unbalanced tire noises, or any strand sounds when driving, it could be a sign your tires are out of alignment.
- Vibration: If you are experiencing a vibration in your steering wheel, seat, or the floorboards, your tires can be uneven.
- Uneven Wear: Tires will wear out over time, and if you measure tread depth and notice that one tire is wearing out faster than the others, it’s time to have your tires balanced or rotated.
WHEN TO ROTATE TIRES
It’s important to have your tires rotated or balanced whether or not you’re having unbalanced tire issues.
- New Tires: If you need to replace any of your tires, you should opt to have them rotated and/or balanced.
- Rotation: Most drivers get their tires rotated about every 5,000 miles, and it’s good practice to have your tires balanced at this time.
- Yearly: If you don’t follow the 5,000-mile rule, you should make it a point to at least get your tires balanced once a year.
LET John Bowman Chevrolet, Inc. HELP
If you are curious about rotating tires yourself or just want to have your vehicle serviced, let the team at John Bowman Chevrolet, Inc. help. Our team is happy to service your vehicle or provide you with the tire care tips needed for better driving through Lake Orion.