HOW TO PREVENT CAR THEFT
You’ve spent time, energy, and money shopping around for the perfect vehicle. Now that you’ve driven off the lot in a used or new Chevrolet, it’s important to know what to do after buying a vehicle, like making sure it’s safe and secure. The easier your car is to steal, the more attractive it will look to thieves. That’s why it’s important to follow these car theft prevention tips.
WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT CAR THEFT?
There are several things you can do to protect your vehicle from car theft.
- Lock your doors. While all new Chevrolet have car theft prevention devices, it’s still recommended to keep the doors locked at all times.
- Never leave the keys in the car.
- Roll up the windows and close the sunroof.
- Don’t leave your car running unattended.
- Don’t leave valuable items in plain sight.
- Watch where you park. Avoid dark areas, and park near security cameras in a parking lot or garage.
- Do not keep the vehicle title in the car. If the thief gets pulled over, he or she could get away with stealing the car by showing the vehicle title.
- Install a car theft prevention device if your car doesn’t have one.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
Please remember, you’re dealing with professional criminals, if you see someone trying to steal your vehicle, back away and call the police. A vehicle is replaceable, but you’re not.
TYPES OF CAR THEFT PREVENTION DEVICES
There are several anti-theft systems you can add to your car in order to prevent it from getting stolen, such as:
An anti-theft device that locks onto the steering wheel, making it immobile.
An ignition cut-off anti-theft system
A system that transmits a signal for the police can track.
LEARN MORE ABOUT CAR THEFT PREVENTION AT BOWMAN CHEVROLET
When you visit Bowman Chevrolet , you can always expect the highest quality of service. Contact us today for more information about protecting your vehicle, or to schedule an appointment.