HOW TO MAXIMIZE YOUR GAS MILEAGE
If you’re wondering how to get better gas mileage, you’ve come to the right place. With gas prices sky high, and commutes getting longer, it’s costing more and more money to operate a vehicle, especially if you’re commuting in the Detroit area. Try these tips to help improve your fuel economy and save money while you’re at it:
QUICK TIPS FOR BETTER GAS MILEAGE
- Follow instructions. Check your owner’s manual to make sure you’re using the right gasoline and oil for your vehicle. If it says to use economy, that’s what you should use. Don’t fill it up with premium and think you’ll get better results. Same goes with oil. Only use what is recommended based on the manufacturer’s tests.
- Don’t speed. Flooring it and beating traffic is a lot more fun than creeping along, but it creates drag and uses more gas. Pay attention to your speed try to keep it consistent and brake gently.
- Check your tire pressure. Driving with under-inflated tires kills your gas mileage, so check your tire pressure at least monthly to make sure all four tires are filled to the proper levels.
- Reduce drag. Try to avoid driving with bikes, luggage, and other racks. All of those things create drag and forces your vehicle to work harder and use more gas. You’re not going to get optimum fuel economy driving with all of those extras.
- Don’t idle too long. Running your engine while you’re not moving just wastes gas. So, turn your engine off if you’re going to be sitting for longer than a few minutes. Hang onto those extra gallons of gas.
CHEVY FUEL ECONOMY
One of the most obvious ways to achieve maximum fuel economy is to drive a car that’s highly fuel-efficient. Chevrolet’s lineup includes several models that get over 30 mph highway, and technology designed to help you operate at the highest level of efficiency, like available start/stop technology. You can also choose a hybrid or electric vehicle.
FIND YOUR FUEL-EFFICIENT CAR AT BOWMAN CHEVY
Not only is there so much to choose from at Bowman Chevy, but we’re here to help you in every way we can. We’ll help you be a more fuel-efficient driver, and our service department can handle everything from oil changes and routine maintenance to major repairs. Bowman Chevy is conveniently located in Clarkston, near Waterford. Come in and see us today!