CAR LEAKING ADVICE
Have you noticed that your car is leaking during your drives around Clarkston and Detroit? If so, you probably have two questions on your mind: One, why is your car leaking? And two, what exactly is leaking from it? Even if you don’t own a new Chevy from us, John Bowman Chevrolet, Inc. is here to help you answer both of these questions:
- Pink/Red Fluid: If you see pink or red fluid leaking from your car, don’t worry. It’s likely either power steering fluid or transmission fluid. Our highly-qualified technicians at John Bowman Chevrolet, Inc. can help diagnose whether the problem affects the transmission or power steering system.
- Dark Brown Fluid: Another slightly disgusting appearance, dark brown fluid typically involves issues with either brake fluid or motor oil. Motor oil turns dark brown and becomes more viscous after a significant amount of time. Either of these issues can result in potentially life-threatening problems, so be sure to take your vehicle into a service center as soon as you notice dark brown fluid.
- Light Brown Fluid: Typically, light brown fluid indicates either motor oil or gear lubricant. The way you can tell is that gear lubricant has a significant odor, while motor oil only smells if it is on fire.
- Green Fluid: The presence of green fluid is usually a clear indication of antifreeze leaks. This problem is often caused by loose hoses or clamps. Make sure you’re using the right antifreeze by checking your owner’s manual.
- Blue Fluid: Blue fluid is 99.9% of the time windshield wiper fluid. This is an easy fix as our Clarkston technicians can quickly identify leaking components and patch the system up to ensure it does not continue to leak.
- Clear Fluid: Fortunately, clear fluid leaks are nothing to be worried about. In fact, if you notice clear fluid, John Bowman Chevrolet, Inc. has some good news for you: Your vehicle’s air conditioning system is working properly, and the fluid you’ve noticed is simply condensation emitted from this system.
Get Great Deals on Service at John Bowman Chevrolet, Inc.
When your vehicle is in need of service, whether it’s checking the oil or an oil change, or something more significant, John Bowman Chevrolet, Inc. offers great deals on affordable service performed by highly-qualified technicians. To get started, schedule your service today.