What Does Certified Pre-Owned Mean?
If you’re considering buying a used car
, you may be wondering, “What does certified pre-owned mean?” The CPO meaning is essentially a pre-owned vehicle that’s backed by manufacturer warranties, a vehicle history report, and a rigorous inspection. John Bowman Chevrolet, Inc. is proud to offer a wide selection of CPO vehicles for sale for Waterford shoppers to peruse. Read on to learn more about the Chevrolet Certified Pre-Owned Program and what it can mean for your shopping experience.
Why Choose the Chevrolet CPO Program?
All certified pre-owned vehicles are used, but not all used vehicles are certified pre-owned. Most OEMs — Chevrolet included — have a certified pre-owned program. CPO is an earned distinction that’s awarded to used vehicles that meet certain criteria. In Chevy’s case, the program outlines the following requirements:
- Model Year: Within current 6 model years.
- Miles: Within a maximum of 75,000 vehicle miles.
- Vehicle History Report: Each car must have a clean title and pass a Vehicle History Report.
- Inspection: Each car must pass a 172-point inspection with flying colors, ensuring buyers are satisfied with their purchase.
Why Choose a Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle?
If you’re not ready to purchase a new car or are nervous about trying your luck with a used car, a CPO vehicle is a happy medium. When you purchase a CPO car, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- You can buy confidently, knowing your new-to-you vehicle was thoroughly inspected by a Chevy service technician.
- Every Chevy CPO vehicle comes backed by warranty coverage, including a 6-Year/100,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty (whichever comes first, from original in-service date) that includes Roadside Assistance, and a 12-Month/12,000-Mile Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty.
Used vs. Certified Pre-Owned vs. New Cars
How do used vs. CPO vs. new vehicles compare? Take a look below for a quick comparison of the three:
- Used: Usually have lower prices than new and certified pre-owned vehicles, as well as a wider range of makes, models, trims, features, mileage, etc.
- Certified Pre-Owned: A good middle ground between new and used — offers more reassurance than your average used car, but for a lower price than your average new car.
- New: Offers the newest features and technologies, as well as the peace of mind that comes from purchasing a brand-new model that’s never been owned before.
Find Your Chevy CPO for Sale at John Bowman Chevrolet, Inc.
Curious why more and more Lake Orion drivers are choosing certified pre-owned vehicles? Contact us online or give us a call at (248) 795-1841 to learn more about the Chevy Certified Pre-Owned Program. While you’re here, take a few minutes to browse our current pre-owned vehicle specials!