What Is the 2020 Chevy Traverse Towing Capacity?
2020 Chevy Traverse Towing Capacity
Can you tow with a Chevy Traverse? Yes, Metro Detroit drivers know when they want a family-friendly three-row SUV with towing power, to choose a Chevy Traverse. But what exactly is the Chevy Traverse towing capacity? Explore the 2020 Chevy Traverse towing ratings here at Bowman Chevrolet and find out how much you can haul with this powerful SUV. How much will a Traverse tow? The Chevrolet Traverse towing rating varies depending on the trim level, with the Traverse Premier and High Country models being the most trailer-worthy of them all. Here’s a quick breakdown of the 2020 Chevrolet Traverse towing specs:
- 2020 Chevrolet Traverse L, LS, LT Cloth, LT Leather, and RS models offer a 1,500-pound towing capacity with either front- or all-wheel drive. So, too, does the Premier trim with front-wheel drive.
- The 2020 Chevrolet Traverse Premier trim with all-wheel drive and the High Country model with front- or all-wheel drive are capable of towing up to the maximum 5,000 pounds. This makes it a better tower than competitors like the GMC Acadia.
Backed by its standard 3.6L V6 engine, the Chevy Traverse towing capacity has no problem keeping up with your adventures. Whether you want to tow a small trailer full of yard equipment or you're bringing your boat out for a weekend on the lake, you can count on Chevrolet Traverse towing to get you there.
Chevrolet Traverse Towing Package
Given the numbers above, adding the Chevrolet Traverse Towing Package makes a lot of sense if you’re planning on hauling some cargo. The Towing Package is different than just adding a towing hitch, because it also adds a heavy-duty cooling system to help prevent your crossover from overheating during long trips with a trailer in tow.
Cargo SpaceOn top of the Chevy Traverse towing capacity, you will find plenty of room for additional cargo in the interior. From the dedicated cargo space to extending into the cabin, you will have plenty of room with:
- Cargo Volume Behind 1st Row: 98.2 cubic feet maximum
- Cargo Volume Behind 2nd Row: 57.80 cubic feet maximum
- Cargo Volume Behind 3rd Row: 23.0 cubic feet maximum
Cargo Management in The TraverseAll Clarkston parents know that kids come with a lot of stuff. When your trailer isn’t enough the Chevy Traverse delivers additional cargo management features, like:
- Hands-Free Liftgate: Load and unload cargo with ease thanks to the available hands-free gesture liftgate that opens with a quick kicking motion.
- Hidden Storage: The Traverse offers concealed under-floor storage to keep your valuables safe and increase your cargo space.
Experience the Chevrolet Traverse Towing Power for Yourself
Ready to take on the power of the Chevy Traverse towing capacity? Bowman Chevrolet is conveniently located near Waterford, MI, but those who prefer to shop online will find that our Clarkston dealership makes it easy to do so! View our full new Traverse inventory online, then apply for financing to get pre-approved and view our latest new vehicle specials. If you have any lingering questions about Chevrolet Traverse towing, don't hesitate to contact us!